How to reach Gustav-Stresemann-Institute (GSI) conference centre in Bonn
Street address: Langer Grabenweg 68, Bonn. Phone: +49 (0) 228 81070
By airplane: You will most likely arrive at either Cologne Bonn airport (CGN, many low-cost carriers, e.g. Germanwings, Air Berlin, etc.) or at Frankfurtairport (FRA, for many international connections)
From Cologne Bonn airport:
- From Cologne Bonn airport to GSI conference center
- Cost: Approximately €40
- Travel time: Approximately 30 minutes (depending on traffic)
- Cost: € 7.40 (tickets can be purchased from the bus driver or from the vending machines, Preisstufe 4)
- Bus number: Take No. SB 60 first to Hauptbahnhof Bonn (Bonn central station); the airport bus leaves every 30 minutes (e.g. 14:10, 14.40 etc.) until 00.10 a.m.
- Then from Bonn Central Station: take U- Bahn (underground/tram) Line 16 or 63, direction Bad Godesberg.
- Exit at "Max-Löbner-Strasse" station (13 min.), turn left and cross the tracks and walk down "Max-Löbner-Strasse", away from the ARAL gas station. Cross “Holbeinstraße” and “Riemenschneiderstraße” (small streets turning to the right). At the T junction turn left on “Langer Grabenweg”; after 30 meters there is a bus stop and the entrance to GSI is on your right.
From Frankfurt airport:
- Cost: Taxi to Bonn will cost approximately €250 (additional costs if taken at night)
- Travel time: trip will take almost 2 hours
TRAIN (regular or high speed options):
- Where: Follow the signs “Fernbahnhof” (Long-distance train station, about 5 min. from the airport arrivals hall). There you have a choice of regular train or high speed train.
- Tickets: You can purchase tickets from the vending machines or from the friendly staff in the Travel Center (Reisezentrum) at the station.
- Cost: €40 to Bonn Hauptbahnhof (Bonn Central Station)
- Departures: leaves two minutes to the hour (e.g. 10:58, 11:58, etc.)
- Important note: You may have to change trains in Mainz; the connecting train leaves from the same platform, opposite track.
- Travel time: 1:44 h, along the river Rhein which during daytime is quite picturesque.
- From Bonn central station proceed as above (you will have to buy a ticket from the vending machine: Preisstufe 1B at 2.70).
HIGH SPEED TRAIN
- Cost: 65.70 €
- Departures: leaving at various times, to Siegburg/Bonn.
- Travel time: between 1:10 to 1:30 h, mostly through tunnels and trenches.
- Then from Siegburg/Bonn station:
- Walk to the tram station below (7 min.) and take U-Bahn (underground/tram) Line 66, direction Bad Honnef / Königswinter. Please note, if arriving by train there is no need to buy an additional ticket!
- Exit at “Robert-Schumann-Platz” (35 min.), walk across the square until you reach “Kurt-Georg-Kiesinger-Allee”, turn right. Before you reach the Maritim Hotel turn left on “Jean-Monnet-Straße”. At the T junction turn left on “Heinemannstraße”, after about 100 m turn right on “Langer Grabenweg”; the entrance to GSI is at the bus stop on your left.